You can sign up on SphereOne with your wallet by clicking on "Sign up with Ethereum," just as you would with Google. The wallet will be automatically added to our system, but it will have read-only access. This means you can view balances and NFTs for this wallet, but making payments is not possible. To enable payment functionality, you need to import the private key or seed phrase, as explained in the guide Quickstart: Add a Wallet.
For this example, I'm using MetaMask on Chrome.
Note: This process is also applicable on mobile devices!
If you don't have MetaMask yet, you can add it to your browser in a few steps:
- Visit the MetaMask website: Go to MetaMask's official website in your web browser.
- Install the MetaMask extension:
- Click on the "Download" button to install MetaMask as a browser extension. MetaMask supports browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Brave.
- Click on "Install MetaMask for Chrome"
- Add MetaMask to your browser:
- Follow the browser's instructions to add the MetaMask extension.
- You should see a "Add to Chrome" button
- Create a MetaMask account:
- Once installed, click on the MetaMask icon in your browser.
- Follow the prompts to create a new MetaMask wallet. Ensure to securely store your seed phrase; it's crucial for MetaMask account recovery.
- Now that we have a MetaMask account, we can proceed with the sign-up process! We will do a Merchant sign-up on Dashboard. Click the "Login" button.
- Now click the Sign in with Ethereum Social button. You are expected to see something like the following images:
- Once more, click Sign in with Ethereum
- You will see a pop-up like this. Choose MetaMask
- Now a MetaMask notification will show with the connection request. Click next, then Connect.
- A new notification will show for MetaMask wallet. The "Sign-in request". Scroll down and then click Sign-in
- In this step we verify that the email entered belongs to you to avoid spam.
- We're almost there! After successfully entering the 6 digits code, you're ready to set up a 4-digit PIN code. This PIN code will be required for every wallet operation on this account, including importing wallets, removing them, or making payments. Keep it safe!
The phone number is an optional step, but we encourage you to link yours. In case your 4 digit pincode gets lost, this will be the unique way to go through a pincode recovery process
Updated 20 days ago